Tel.: +33 (0)4 93 34 09 67


Course dates:
12 February 2018 – 14 February 2018

€ 600

As a non-UK officer you can apply for a certificate of equivalent competency (CEC) to serve on UK-registered vessels if you hold a STCW certificate of competency (CoC) from a country whose standards of competency and training are considered equal to those of the UK.

Under the Merchant Shipping (Training and Certification) Regulations 1997, Officers serving on UK merchant ships are required to hold a UK Certificate of Competency (CoC) or a UK Certificate of Equivalent Competency (CEC). The Regulations allow Officers who hold STCW certificates issued by certain other Administrations (listed at Annex 1) to be recognised for service in any position (including Master, Mate and Chief Engineer) on UK ships.” (from MGN 221)

This is a 3 day exam preparation course which takes place in our classroom in Antibes in February, March and June. The oral examination is held later and usually takes around 30 to 45 minutes with an MCA examiner. We try to arrange the exam here in Antibes but it can also be taken every week in the UK. We have successfully trained well over 100 candidates:200gt Masters and 500 gt Masters up to Master Mariners as well as all grades of engineers of various nationalities.

You will need to provide the following to apply:

  • MSF 4302
  • Certified Copy of your CoC
  • Certified Copy of your GMDSS certificate
  • Cetifiied Copy of your Passport
  • Two Passport-size photographs
  • evtl. Marlins Test and a test of spoken English
  • MCA fee (currently 76 £)

D and B Services is authorized by the MCA to testify copies of your original documents.

Your application must show evidence of your:

  • standards of competency
  • ability to use the English language (this may include an oral and/or written exam)
  • knowledge of UK law relating to your job

Book Your Course Now

Contact us for more information about UKLAP

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)


Your Message